Brew shed build underway!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jafo28

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
My brother and I started working on my brew shed a few weeks ago and I thought I would start a thread and post up some pics. First a little background on why i'm building it. I started brewing just under a year ago, with several extract batches and then made the jump to all grain. During my first batch SWMBO couldn't stand the smell and quickly took a ride to her mothers house, this led to me getting a turkey fryer and brewing in the garage. Even then the smell would creep into the house, so we would arrange for her to be out of the house when I was going to brew(major PITA). So earlier this spring it popped into my head that I could build a shed and save her from having to leave the house, and allow me to brew whenever. I was very surprised when she gave me the green light. This thing is still under construction so i'll post more pics as we progress. Prost!:mug:

Spot marked out.

5846736115_67d0b4008e_z.jpg

Sono tubes laid out and leveled, the ground has a pretty good slope to it.

5847295674_a81ac835e0_z.jpg

Floor framing

5846736497_8f4ab5f295_z.jpg

Makes me want to get a house just so that I can build up a brew shack. What do you figure the building materials total will be when complete? Also interested to see what you have planned for inside the love shack. :D :rockin:

From the looks of the trees there's a few months progress there. Looking good so far. Wondering how far this brew hut will go, keep the updates coming.

-cheers

Thanks guys. Yes it has been since about early April. I've only been able to work on it on the weekends and just my luck the April showers had great timing seemingly every weekend. Golddiggie I have to look over receipts but so far I think i'm getting close to 1K. As far as how far i'm going with it, some of it will still be used for storage, putting a loft in it, and i'll probably move my reloading bench out there, we'll see. I'll get more pics up tomorrow, going to bed now.

Love it! I plan to build the same thing once my wife and I find the right house. I'll be following this. :) Question for ya? was this a kit or did you design it yourself? Are you going to have electricity in it or go all gas?

Thanks! No kit, got some plans on the internet and slightly modified them. Probably only doing electric for now, and it might be a while for that to happen, we'll see.

It's been a while but I have made a little progress. Here are some more pics.

Finally got a door on it.

5947942179_86b3274479_z.jpg

Also steps.

5947942649_954ff7f575_z.jpg

Before putting the flooring down.

5947942271_8f874905ce_z.jpg

Vinyl flooring down

5947942369_9f4f5b2f7d_z.jpg

Moulding

5947942827_e613fa14ee_z.jpg

I'm putting a loft in also. My brewstand is in there just to get an idea of how I want to arrange everything. Told SWMBO that I would hold off on brewing until this was finished, what a big a$$ mistake that was! Might just give it a trial run next week.

5948499152_6ee8e896a1_z.jpg

Yes, propane for now on the rig. Hoping to go NG eventually, and at the rate i'm going i'll need heat before a/c.:eek:

loving it! one day i hope i am able to do something like that, it would be rad if you could turn the loft into a fermentation chamber so you can do your brewing and fermenting all in one spot

I love watching these threads as they develop. Really nice work so far!

Makes me wish I had a bigger yard... :rockin:

no! you get back to work right now!

Taking a break at least on Saturday to brew. I'm sure this is allowed due to the fact I kicked one of my last kegs of homebrew.:( Gotta keep the pipeline going in order to keep my helpers happy.

Back