Brew sculpture

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

westerndf

Reaction score
Here is my sculpture. I have an electric set up so this should be great. Lots to still figure out though.

image-2368091490.jpg

I see you have a Hoff Stevens as the mash tun? How did you plug the side bung? I foolishly bought a couple from a local brewery expecting to convert them to a kettle or HLT but I didn't know Hoff Stevens was different than a sanke (other than shape). I might try converting one to a fermenter but otherwise they're just taking up space in my garage.

Nice setup btw. I'm trying to figure out if I should go with 2tier or 3tier or single tier for HLT & MT with floor burner for kettle.

Supergrump said:
I see you have a Hoff Stevens as the mash tun? How did you plug the side bung? I foolishly bought a couple from a local brewery expecting to convert them to a kettle or HLT but I didn't know Hoff Stevens was different than a sanke (other than shape). I might try converting one to a fermenter but otherwise they're just taking up space in my garage.

Nice setup btw. I'm trying to figure out if I should go with 2tier or 3tier or single tier for HLT & MT with floor burner for kettle.

If I were to guess I would think that it is a newer Coors keg. Same shape as those old ones but sanke style top without the side bung hole. I could be wrong and he could have plugged the hole but I doubt it.

cracked1 said:
If I were to guess I would think that it is a newer Coors keg. Same shape as those old ones but sanke style top without the side bung hole. I could be wrong and he could have plugged the hole but I doubt it.

You are correct it is a Coors keg. So no side bung to plug.

I might try converting one to a fermenter but otherwise they're just taking up space in my garage.
a16.jpg

Back