Brew monk system

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MattGuk

Reaction score
Hi everybody, hope you are all well.

After putting my back out at work I have decided to purchase a Brew Monk Magnus 45L all in one brewing system to alleviate any heavy lifting.
The system looks well built, especially from the price point ( £495 ) as opposed to the likes of grainfather and the such.
Just wondered if anybody has any experience with this system?
I know it's maybe a bit odd to buy such a system without knowing much about it, but I guess with any system with AG, everything is trial and error to a point.
Just wondered if anybody has experienced and down sides as compared with BIAB, which I mainly do.
I can't imagine so as the premise is much the same, albeit I now have the ability to step mash and recirculate at the same time.
Just interested in anybody who has experience with these sort of system?

Cheers guys, stay safe

Hi everybody, hope you are all well.

After putting my back out at work I have decided to purchase a Brew Monk Magnus 45L all in one brewing system to alleviate any heavy lifting.
The system looks well built, especially from the price point ( £495 ) as opposed to the likes of grainfather and the such.
Just wondered if anybody has any experience with this system?
I know it's maybe a bit odd to buy such a system without knowing much about it, but I guess with any system with AG, everything is trial and error to a point.
Just wondered if anybody has experienced and down sides as compared with BIAB, which I mainly do.
I can't imagine so as the premise is much the same, albeit I now have the ability to step mash and recirculate at the same time.
Just interested in anybody who has experience with these sort of system?

Cheers guys, stay safe

I am looking at buying one of these (although the 30l), and I was wondering about your thoughts/experiences?

I have had this system week over a year now and for the most part, it's been fantastic.
Efficiency can sometimes be a little over the place, but generally I get about 72% BHE, I have had as low as 56% once but that did have a lot of wheat in it.
Fwiw I do full volume no sparge, and undoubtedly would increase my efficiency if I did sparge, but I'm happy with my normal efficiency.
One thing I do like is that where I live I have VERY hard water, when brewing delicate styles, I have also used this to boil my water to before hand and then decanting into another vessel to reduce my alkalinity so I don't have to treat with just acid of some sort.
One thing, don't get the sparge whirlpool arm attachment, it's useless lol

If you get one, I do have an equipment profile for brewfather if you use that, not hard to set one up but it does take a few brews to figure it all out.
Can always send the profile your way, if you use brewfather.

Back