Bottling with unfermented wort.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ill.literate

Reaction score
Our first AG brew is ready to be bottled, and the recipe we based it on called for bottling with unfermented wort.

So we set aside enough when we brewed it, and it's been sitting in the fridge since brewing day.

The question is, how do we do it? Swirl the jars the wort is in, bring to a boil to sterilize, cool and then pour into the bottling bucket when we're transfering the beer to the bucket?

Do we pour the wort off the sediment without swirling?

Assistance will be appreciated. Thanks folks :D

Well, if you've had the wort the entire time, and it's not crawling with infection and bacteria at this point, it should already be basically sanitary. I would think you could just decant and leave the sediment behind, boil it, cool it, and add it to the bottling bucket. You probably don't need to boil it, but no point in not being safe, I suppose.

That's kind of what I figured too.

the mason jars were sterilized prior to collecting the wort, and have been untouched the entire time.

We usually use corn sugar, but thought we'd give this a try. I just hope we get good head from it.

;)

Back