bottling some keg beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smokysalsa

Reaction score
Was wondering , I want to take A few bottles of my keg beer. tonight, What do i do just fill the bottles and go, will it go flat quickly? and do i leave it at the serving psi. when i fill.

well, the easiest would be to fill flip top bottles or growlers straight from the tap. you'll lose some carbonation but not all of it as long as you seal the bottles. they will also get aerated all to hell, but that won't matter as long as you drink within a couple of days.

Other alternatives for doing it the right way, which aren't so quick and easy if you have to take it tonight, are to use a counterpressure filler so that you can purge the bottle with CO2 first and the fill under pressure from the bottom, or to create one of these:

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f35/we-no-need-no-stinking-beer-gun-24678/

I like to use those bottles that tonic water comes in (1-liter I think) for taking beer to share. If it's a bigger occaision I'll use my growler or 2-liter bottles. Not the best as far as presentation goes but I can get past that.

Back