Bottling Kombucha in champagne bottles.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HebrewedsoIbrew

Reaction score
Has anyone ever tried something like this? if so how did it turn out? I bottled mine in champagne bottles the other day after adding sugar mixture with juiced apples. Just wondered if anyone could relate and/or tell me how it tasted.

Yes, I've bottled in champagne bottles. In fact, I bottle almost all my 'booch in them. I like to keep my kombucha for extended periods of time (several months up to several years), so bottling in champange bottles seems the only real option to me. Champagne bottle are really sturdy and are easy to cap with crown caps. Personally, I love the taste of some well aged kombucha!!! At the moment I have about 200 champagne bottles of kombucha ageing away in my cellar...

Oh nice! If I ever get more champagne bottles I will do that for sure Snarf! Does it become very Alcoholic?

No. The kombucha does keep fermenting a bit after bottling, which is mostly due to the yeasts. However, since the kombucha doesn't get overly carbonated, I guess that means that there wasn't very much alcohol produced in the bottle.

Latest posts

Back