Bottling in screw top aluminum bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wolfpackguy

Reaction score
Sooo... I know I will get some flak for this, but I occasionally enjoy the commercial light beer - namely Coors Light - with some pizza while I watch some college basketball with the guys.

Tonight we got some of the aluminum pint screw top bottles to enjoy.

Im bottling my first batch next weekend and my second batch a couple weeks after that.

just curius.... anyone ever 'bottled' with these. Assuming I clean and sanitize, can anyone think of potential problems with these screw top cans, other than the Coors Light logo on it? Probably wont use them, I have plenty of delabeled bottles, but jw if its been done.

I did, actually I asked the same question almost a year ago, I did not use them exclusively but a sixer from different batches is nice to have. Just make sure to soak them in some Oxyclean Free and sanitize and bottle as usual.

Transamguy77 said:
I did, actually I asked the same question almost a year ago, I did not use them exclusively but a sixer from different batches is nice to have. Just make sure to soak them in some Oxyclean Free and sanitize and bottle as usual.

cool. like i said, its not really out of necessity, but i know theres been a recent trend in using pop top cans for homebrew, and thought it might be a cool experiment. Might try a few out just for the hell of it.

Sooo... I know I will get some flak for this, but I occasionally enjoy the commercial light beer - namely Coors Light - with some pizza while I watch some college basketball with the guys.

Tonight we got some of the aluminum pint screw top bottles to enjoy.

Im bottling my first batch next weekend and my second batch a couple weeks after that.

just curius.... anyone ever 'bottled' with these. Assuming I clean and sanitize, can anyone think of potential problems with these screw top cans, other than the Coors Light logo on it? Probably wont use them, I have plenty of delabeled bottles, but jw if its been done.

Ain't nothing wrong with having a Coors Light! I like a good 'ol Bud or PBR when out and about. See this thread----> https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f14/guilty-confessions-beer-enthusiast-288170/ :fro:

Back