Bottling F'up

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hoosier

Reaction score
So while syphoning my IPA to my bottling bucket I realized that I had not added the priming sugar solution to the bucket first. I added it a little better than half way through and thought "I'll just give it a lil stir b4 I bottle it." So then about bottle 15 I realized that I didn't stir it. It was a busy night and not the best time to bottle. It has only been a week and I checked a bottle (one of the first I bottled as I thought that if there was a problem it would be with these) and there was little to no carb about it. Yes, yes, I know, it has only been a week and I shouldn't worry just yet but I am thinking ahead. What are your thoughts?

Be careful with those bottles. You never know if you might have some bombs or not. However, always remember to relax. Never forget to drink a homebrew. :mug:

Wow! Do not drink while you work :)

Sounds like the first bottles may be flat and hopefully the later ones have enough.

Relax and focus. ;)

Have no fear. I did the exact same thing on my last batch. Everything came out alright. All the bottles came out carbed just fine. RDWHAHB.

there was a hiss and some CO2 vapor when I opened it. The past batches that I did properly were much more carb'd at 1 week though.

Why not pop the tops on all of them put them back in the bottleing bucket to blend back together and rebottle. May have to kick in a bit more priming solution, but at least it would be consistent.

I was thinking the same. I am very careful about contamination. I think I could pull it off but will airation be a concern? I doubt that this batch will last more than a few weeks once fully carb'd. will it affect the flavor with such a short storage time?

Latest posts

Back