bottling from keg - how long will carb last.....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brocster

Reaction score
I am pretty sure that, from what I have read, carbonation will last quite a while in a bottle of beer that has been bottled from a keg. I use the fantastic BM bottling thingamajimee, but mostly serve the beer within a day or two.

I am entering a few contests this year, and some are a few months away. I have some beers on tap right now that I would like to enter in the contests and I know they won't be around when it is contest time, so I would like to bottle now if possible.

If I bottle now from a keg, taking time to ensure there is no O2 in the bottle, is it pretty safe to say that the carbonation will be retained for a few months? I can't see why not, but it is always good to get some real world advice.

Thanks!

As long as it's sealed it won't lose any carbonation over time. Just the tiny amount that might be lost when you fill the bottle.

Latest posts

Back