BOTTLES (Miller Fortune)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

REDBREWER

Reaction score
If I use a Miller fortune bottle is there going to be a different taste because of the darker color of the glass??? May be interesting to try just wondering if anyone else had tried?!?!?! HAPPY BREWING

REDBREWER

Do these bottles use a pry off cap? I haven't seen one yet. Color of the glass should not make a difference. I would think the dark glass would also block UV like the amber bottles unless Miller doesn't care about this beer skunking in sunlight.

Yes it is a pry off top!! But the bottle is a little darker I didn't know if that would affect flavor or anything

Dark bottles are best. Brown is going to block the most light, green very little, and clear nothing. A clean glass bottle will not affect flavor, exposure to light will. Keep your brews in a dark place and it's all a mute point.

I have a few bottles that are noticeably darker than the rest. The only drawback I've seen is it's harder to see the level rising as you're filling them. So just be careful that you don't lose too much to spillage.

U saying doesn't matter if I use clear or green the light exposure is what changes flavor, so as long as it's in a dark place it doesn't matter???

U saying doesn't matter if I use clear or green the light exposure is what changes flavor, so as long as it's in a dark place it doesn't matter???

It is ultra violet light that skunks the hop oils in the beer. Of light sources the sun produces the most UV but florescent and CFL light sources also produce some UV.

Edit: Other light sources can also produce some UV.

Just looked at their website to see what Fortune was all about (I had never heard of it) and all of the pictures on their site definitely show twist off caps. Might want to double check yours before you save too many.

Back