Bottle washer/sprayer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

k.neo

Reaction score
Hello.
New to the scene.
Is there a product I can buy that helps with the task of cleaning bottles?
Like a rinser for bottle washing operation?
Thank you.

That^, absolutely!

If your bottles are dirty inside, they may need a soak in some washing soda, followed by a thorough cleaning using a bottle brush (inside). Then use the jet spray, above, to rinse them out.

So quick rinsing out your bottles with some tap water, soon after they're emptied, or at the end of the evening, will prevent gunk build-up inside, saving time later to clean them.

I rinse my bottles as soon as I empty them but since they sit in cartons with the opening up they may collect dust so I wash and rinse them in the sink. Then I use an avinator (vinator) to spray sanitizer into them prior to bottling the beer. Here's a link to an example. Note that I am not promoting this or any other company with this.

https://www.morebeer.com/products/s...6ZTWMK1RhMTO9KAgNl6WSATpIjumWZfBoChsoQAvD_BwE

I rinse my bottles as soon as I empty them but since they sit in cartons with the opening up they may collect dust so I wash and rinse them in the sink. Then I use an avinator (vinator) to spray sanitizer into them prior to bottling the beer. Here's a link to an example. Note that I am not promoting this or any other company with this.

https://www.morebeer.com/products/s...6ZTWMK1RhMTO9KAgNl6WSATpIjumWZfBoChsoQAvD_BwE
I do the same that vinator sits on top of my bottle tree and is fast and easy.

I use an avinator (vinator) to spray sanitizer into them
I'm old fashioned, and just submerge the bottles in a bucket with sanitizer, pour them out, then let them drain upside down for a few minutes, while filling already drained ones. Only then, I am 100% sure all surfaces have been sanitized. ;)

I'm just old fashioned, and just submerge the bottles in a bucket with sanitizer, pour them out, then let them drain upside down for a few minutes, while filling already drained ones. Only then, I am 100% sure all surfaces have been sanitized. ;)
I do the same. And then the bucket of sanitizer is ready for the fermenter once it gets rinsed out.

I'm just old fashioned, and just submerge the bottles in a bucket with sanitizer, pour them out, then let them drain upside down for a few minutes, while filling already drained ones. Only then, I am 100% sure all surfaces have been sanitized. ;)
Have you ever watched a vinator as it sanitizes a clear glass bottle? It seems to get all surfaces inside the bottle just fine.

Have you ever watched a vinator as it sanitizes a clear glass bottle?
Sadly, no, I haven't watched one in use.

It seems to get all surfaces inside the bottle just fine.
That's what counts. So it really lives up to its promise, doing the job, huh?

Sadly, no, I haven't watched one in use.

That's what counts. So it really lives up to its promise, doing the job, huh?
Yeah it kicks ass. I actually just finished bottling my Irish Red this morning so I made a quick video of my sanitizing procedure with it. I push down starsan solution sprays and covers all surfaces inside then I dip the top in to the reservoir and put on the tree.

i clean them with REALLY hot water, and sanitize them with star-san.... i used to sanitize them in the dishwasher which was very effective, but time consuming.

Rinse out your bottles right after emptying them and you should have no issues keeping them clean.

Just in case there is some yeast left in the bottom I'll leave a little water in them. Then when too many clutter up the sink area, I'll run some soapy water and a good bottle brush with bristles that actually will get the bottom. Then I'll rinse again and let dry, then store away.

Come bottling day, I just sanitize them. A bucket for me, but spray is probably fine. Though I thought even star-san had a minimum contact time. So if it beads up and drains away, what is that contact time? But since many people do this with good results, it's probably just over thinking or being extra cautious for those of us that soak.

If your bottles are filthy inside, then don't let your friends put their cigarette butts, bubble gum or tobacco spit in them after they finish. And no salted peanuts either just to see the foam! :thumbsup:

I do the same and only disinfect the bottles with an avinator immediately before filling. My bottles are in a crate covered with old cotton T-shirts and I have no problems with dust.

hmm...I'm really suprised that noone seems to know that thing!

FF30.png

You can put it into your Dishwasher istead of the dish rack.

Working great!

Does water spray up those tubes, or does it only wash the outside?
It cleands the inside, but there is some disassembly of the dishwasher. Watch the video at the link. You have to remove the bottom rack and also the rotating spray arm of the dishwasher.

I wonder if there is some standard for the fittings. The dw in the video is some "beko" brand. If I bottled, I might look into getting one of these.

It cleands the inside, but there is some disassembly of the dishwasher. Watch the video at the link. You have to remove the bottom rack and also the rotating spray arm of the dishwasher.

I wonder if there is some standard for the fittings. The dw in the video is some "beko" brand. If I bottled, I might look into getting one of these.
Every self-respecting bottling homebrewer needs to get a 2nd dishwasher with this rack in it!

With some mild engineering a 2nd rack could be mounted and connected...

Every self-respecting bottling homebrewer needs to get a 2nd dishwasher with this rack in it!

With some mild engineering a 2nd rack could be mounted and connected...
you are right.....here is a version with a second rack for 54 bottles

Attachments

• IMG_0671.jpg
    IMG_0671.jpg
    510.6 KB · Views: 0

there is no standard, but many machines of different brands have the same fitting.
which brands for dishwashers are popular in the UK?

Pour the entire beer from the bottle into a glass, pour two or three times 1/3 of a bottle of cold water, shake and pour. You leave it upside down to dry and immediately before bottling you disinfect it with Starsan using Vinator and you never have a problem. If recycled glass beer bottles are used, for the first time you soak them for up to a week in cold water, remove the labels and brush the inside. If the bottle is very dirty, throw it away. I've been doing this for years.

Pour the entire beer from the bottle into a glass, pour two or three times 1/3 of a bottle of cold water, shake and pour. You leave it upside down to dry and immediately before bottling you disinfect it with Starsan using Vinator and you never have a problem. If recycled glass beer bottles are used, for the first time you soak them for up to a week in cold water, remove the labels and brush the inside. If the bottle is very dirty, throw it away. I've been doing this for years.
I did that for years too. Vinator and bottle tree are awesome. Don't bottle anymore though.

Looks really nice. Very convenient since you can do other things while the bottles are washing. But at ~$450 USD, way out of my price range! I have a vinator and bottle tree but got tired of doing the bottles one-by-one so I got a FastWasher. It's convenient and you can wash up to 24 bottles at once. It does wear, though, as several people on this board (myself included) have mentioned and the company is not very responsive. If someone could make an affordable, multi-bottle washer that doesn't fall apart, they'd be rich! :)

I do the same that vinator sits on top of my bottle tree and is fast and easy.
LOL - I didn't realize it was designed to sit on top of the bottle tree. I always wondered why they didn't design the vinator to have a more stable base.

I feel like an idiot, but thanks for the 'light bulb' moment!

LOL - I didn't realize it was designed to sit on top of the bottle tree. I always wondered why they didn't design the vinator to have a more stable base.

I feel like an idiot, but thanks for the 'light bulb' moment!

haha. Here's mine getting busy. Note that I put my yellow bottle caps into the vinator solution to sanitize those while bottling. Add a second spigot to your bottling bucket for pro-level.

1683819063454.png

haha. Here's mine getting busy. Note that I put my yellow bottle caps into the vinator solution to sanitize those while bottling. Add a second spigot to your bottling bucket for pro-level.

View attachment 819850
I do the bottle cap thing, but the double bottling spout, genious!

Using the ping pong table is a nice touch too! ;)

Latest posts

Back