Bottle Tree Add-on Tier

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

powerfreak

Reaction score
I have a 45 bottle bottle tree, like this: http://www.northernbrewer.com/brewing/economy-bottle-tree.html

I swear I found some place that sold additional tiers, so I could expand the drying capability. I'll be damned if I can find it now.

I can find the other tree and expansion tiers, but not the screw on kind like I have.

Any help would be appreciated.

Also, how well does the Vinator Bottle Rinser work?

Speaking from experience, the Vinator does not fit on top of this bottle tree. That being said, the Vinator is a must for sanitizing bottles, it's so convenient.

Instead of getting one extra row for bottles, consider buying another identical bottle tree. Put only 1 row onto your existing tree so that you can dry 54 bottles on the tree. Save the rest of the tree in case you break one or more of the branches, or work a deal with a brewing friend who has similar equipment.

Pray tell, what is the advantage of using a Vinator instead of just using a large bucket with sanitzing solution and soaking a dozen bottles at time? I then just drain and put them on the bottle tree. I am always looking for an easier brew day, but I think my way works.

Stolen from Bobby_M

It's very quick and easy, and practically mess free.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Ellis, much appreciated.

Chucko... bummer that it won't fit. Good idea for the extra tree. I could buy the other tree so that the Vinator WILL fit. :)

Keep in mind that the two different bottle trees are NOT interchangeable. The one that the Vinator fits has a different diameter. Northern Brewer's economy bottle tree has a slightly larger diameter than the other one.

chucko... yeah, I saw that when I went looking for my add-on at my lhbs.

what I'm thinking is a second 45 bottler tree that the vinator will fit on and use both on bottling day. fill one tree up and then put the overflow on the other. vinator used for all.

woot!

The Vinator doesn't have to go on top of a bottle tree. I think that it would be a bit awkward if the tree was sitting on a counter and the Vinator was on top of that, might be a little high to reach easily. Mine sits on the counter between the bottle tree and the sink. Supply of bottles on the other side of the sink. Grab a bottle, put it on the pressure washer for a few seconds, inspect for debris inside, a couple of squirts with the Vinator, set the neck into the Vinator tray and put on the tree. Don't have to reach to the top of the tree for the Vinator.

Back