Bottle Infection question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Draken

Reaction score
Have 4 brews that were bottled in the past 3 months or so. And the first batch seems to be infected. It gushes upon opening and h a slightly sour vinegary bight to it. The second batch is an IPA, but it to has a small bite. The hops mostly covers it, but I can still detect a hint. I've fridges both of them at this point, and I'll just make do and either drink them or dump me if I need the bottles.My concern is the other two batches, one is a Belgain strong ale that I intended to age for a extended period, the other is a Pliny clone. Neither tasted sour coming out of the primary. Should I just give them two weeks and drop them in the fridge or should I chance it and try to age them out?

Age them out. In a container that will bear the possible explosion. Rubbermaid tote maybe. or cardboard box inside a trash bag if you're doing it on the cheap.

I think I am just going to throw testers in as I go. As soon as a hint of sour shows in the fridge they go.

Back