Bonjour from Montreal

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Torrefaction

Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm totally new to homebrewing. For my 40th this summer, my bro in law offered to help me brew my own beer, something I've always wanted to try. I jumped right into all-grain, mashing and lautering with my brother in law's old zapap, boiling on the stovetop with split boils (2 smaller kettles) and chilling the wort in a bathtub full of icewater. I've now got two nice beers (oatmeal stout + IPA) bottle conditioning after trouble-free fermentations, and all my early samples suggest delicious final products, (if I do say so myself ;)). I'm just amazed that it's possible to make decent beer with such a minimalist setup. My whole perspective on beer in general has been permanently altered now that I have some sense of what goes into brewing. I'm really happy to have found this forum, which I find provides an essential 21rst century perspective (especially on homebrew-specific technical stuff) to supplement the wisdom of the Old Masters (Charlie Papazian, etc), who taught me to relax, not worry, and have a homebrew. Thanks, homebrewtalk! :rockin:

Welcome to the hobby, and the group, from CO :mug:

For simplicity, you might want to look into Brew in a Bag- one vessel for your entire brew!

Back