BM-23 Stock Tower Cooler Questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shango

Reaction score
I am hooking up my Beverage Air BM23's stock "Tower Cooler" hose, and I am not sure where you "Hook" the end that goes to the tower to. Does it just hook to the lip at the bottom inside of the tower, or at the top, to the 90* elbow of the shank.

The end of the hose that connects the the evaporator housing, doesn't sit very flush on the surface, is that how it is supposed to be, or are you supposed to thread/screw the hose itself into the hole in the evap housing?

I have been playing around with it, and it seems to only blow cold air (and very slightly at that) when the door is open. When I close the door, and try to feel the air in the tower, I feel nothing until I open the door. Is that normal?

I just picked up a used BM23 myself and am in the process of replacing parts and cleaning it.

Anyway on mine the end of the hose has a metal wire that has a hook bend. I just hook that around the beer line in the tower and it holds just fine.

As for the other end of the hose I haven't taken mine apart and it sits in the unit fine. No gaps.

I have been playing around with it, and it seems to only blow cold air (and very slightly at that) when the door is open. When I close the door, and try to feel the air in the tower, I feel nothing until I open the door. Is that normal?

You should feel air moving when the door is open and when it's closed. Where are you attaching the other end? Is the evaporator fan running continuously?

Back