Blonde Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shoppy

Reaction score
I want to do a blonde ;) and keep it simple. I have just started to formulate my own partial mash recipes so here goes:

3.0 lbs Extra Light DME (Late addition)
1.0 lbs Wheat DME (Late addition)
2.5 lbs Pale Malt US
0.5 lbs Cara-Pils
1oz Willamette 60min boil
Wyeast American Ale II Yeast (Fermented @65)
I'm going to be using Death Brewers Partial Technique (Thanks for the thread!)

Any thoughts, improvements, ideas?

Check out BM's Centennial Blonde...it's a delicious brew and a solid basis for any changes you might like to make after trying the original. I'm just about to keg my second batch of it.

Looks like a good plan to me! Have you estimated the original gravity and ibu's?

OG 1.051
FG 1.013
IBU 21.5
Color Est: 4.3 SRM
(BeerSmith)

The Centennial recipe sounds like a winning brew that I will have to try. I was thinking just the single hops addition based on a podcast I just listened to and the idea of learning more about hop character. Cascade as a finishing did cross my mind....guess this means I have a lot of brewing to do. Poor me!

I would consider a smaller original gravity and maybe a little less bitter, too - but of course, that all depends on what you are looking for. I like blonde ales that are fairly light, crisp, easy to drink, quaffable.

I would consider a smaller original gravity and maybe a little less bitter, too - but of course, that all depends on what you are looking for. I like blonde ales that are fairly light, crisp, easy to drink, quaffable.

Thanks I'm going to bring the boil time down to 50min along with the hops. That should give me a 19.9 IBU.

I'll keep the updates coming.

Back