• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Indiana Blichmann Boilermaker V2 - 20 Gal - NEW - Northwest Indiana

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Baglorious

Reaction score
Offering a BRAND NEW 20 Gal Blichmann Boilermaker V2 kettle. Looking for $315. Has never been used. Includes the original literature, etc., and even comes in a genuine Blichmann plastic bag.

The reason it is for sale... is silly (twice).

I bought it off a guy... who bought it brand new. He got it home, and decided it was too big, and was more than he needed... and put it up for sale locally.

I jumped at the chance to get a (used) Blichmann, in brand new condition at a significant discount. Then, I got it home... and decided it was too big, and was more than I needed. So, up for sale locally.

I'm having second thoughts on sizing. This one is a combination of "potentially too big" and "too nice to start putting lots of holes in." I can't bring myself to start drilling and silver-soldering, particularly when I'm debating whether to upsize. Looking to pass it along to someone who REALLY knows what they want... and I'll stick with my 15 gal Bayou Classic for a while. (Which I don't mind putting holes in.)

These are $415 retail... and never go on sale per the MAP price control. SO, here's your chance to get one at $100 off (24% savings).

In NW Indiana... about an hour from Chicago.

Thanks.

(Cross posted.)

Attachments

• DSC_5072.JPG
    DSC_5072.JPG
    347.5 KB · Views: 169
  • DSC_5073.JPG
    DSC_5073.JPG
    299.3 KB · Views: 167
  • DSC_5071.JPG
    DSC_5071.JPG
    248.9 KB · Views: 167
Last edited:
93567744-39B5-47A3-8758-221938736891.jpeg
ABC06C2F-A5DE-4A03-986C-5EBC09C7F977.jpeg
Nice pot. I just bought a slightly used 15 gallon one and added the whirlpool. Was also a bit hesitant at first, but In the end it was the right choice and a needed addition.

I highly recommend it!

One caution, it was a very hard material to drill. I used a cheap Irwin step bit that only went to 3/4”-this took a long time. Then finished with a dremel and sanding drum - this went well.

I recommend you try a batch before selling-shouldn’t decrease the value?

Here’s a picture showing he whirlpool on my 15 gallon kettle.

Anyways, good luck on your sale.

Thanks for the info, BrewingBob. I've converted to electric, so I'd have to start by drilling the big ol' hole for the element, and silver-soldering a 1.5" TC ferrule. I'm capable (and I've done it on my Bayou classic)... but I'm just reluctant to start the surgery, along with the other various ports I'd like to add... with the uncertainty as to whether this is the size I'd like to use.

Be on the lookout for a (private) 'conversation'... as I'd like to pick your brain a bit.

Sorry, have no box/packing, and am looking for a local sale.

(Hoping someone in the relatively populated Chicago area would want a Blichmann at such a great discount.)

Offering a BRAND NEW 20 Gal Blichmann Boilermaker V2 kettle. Looking for $315. Has never been used. Includes the original literature, etc., and even comes in a genuine Blichmann plastic bag.

The reason it is for sale... is silly (twice).

I bought it off a guy... who bought it brand new. He got it home, and decided it was too big, and was more than he needed... and put it up for sale locally.

I jumped at the chance to get a (used) Blichmann, in brand new condition at a significant discount. Then, I got it home... and decided it was too big, and was more than I needed. So, up for sale locally.

I'm having second thoughts on sizing. This one is a combination of "potentially too big" and "too nice to start putting lots of holes in." I can't bring myself to start drilling and silver-soldering, particularly when I'm debating whether to upsize. Looking to pass it along to someone who REALLY knows what they want... and I'll stick with my 15 gal Bayou Classic for a while. (Which I don't mind putting holes in.)

These are $415 retail... and never go on sale per the MAP price control. SO, here's your chance to get one at $100 off (24% savings).

In NW Indiana... about an hour from Chicago.

Thanks.

(Cross posted.)

WITHDRAWN.

Latest posts

Back