Blichmann Beer Gun V2 - CO2 coming out at all times

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wasteofliam

Reaction score
Recently got a beer gun version 2, and upon hooking everything up I found that when pressurized(3-5psi) CO2 is coming out of the gun at all times, regardless of if I am pushing down on the lever that is supposed to apply the gas. The lever seems to operate smoothly but the gas is coming out of the tip regardless. Can't for the life of me figure out why, or even what I should check. As a leap of faith I changed the O-ring in the handle, but it didn't seem to do anything.

For reference I am using a single regulator hooked up to a manifold, which is hooked up to the keg and the beer gun. The keg and regulator seem to be acting totally normally. I was able to successfully can a batch but I had to manually open and close the actual valve on the manifold to purge with co2. Definitely not one-handed use.

Blichmann's customer service is top notch. I'd shoot them an email explaining what the issue is. I have no doubt they will fix or replace it at no cost.

Wanted to update this thread with my ending situation: E-mailed blichmann customer support and they ended up sending me a replacement handle with co2 button.

Back