BJCP questions.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ed_Savage

Reaction score
My local Brew Crew is going to be having BJCP classes and testing this fall. How many of you out there are certified? I would like to hear any thoughts or feedback about yourexperiences with the class and testing process. Is it worth my while? I have been reading about it on the BJCP WEBSITE.Sounds interesting. I figure even if I don't get to judge alot, It will probably help me appreciate and understand beer a little more. And learn to understand my sense of taste and smell a little better. Insert your comments here --------> :D

I don't think the lack of response was anything personal. It would appear that no one here is a judge, or have gone through the BJCP program.

I would highly recommend attending these classes. I attended about 80% of the classes, I"m taking the exam in two weeks. The classes allow you to evaluate different beers based on styles, while practicing your feedback, working on quantify your observations, use descriptive language, and best of all, share out with others in your class. I will do great on the tasting portion of the exam thanks to my classmates and our Master Judge teacher. Good luck and have fun.

I think you are about 6 years too late with your well-wishes...

Oops. Very old thread revived.

But good luck to you and have fun.

I love to revive those old threads. Next time I'll take a closer look at the post date. OMG, 6 years ago. Opps. :ban:

Not for nothing but if nothing else it will get ya out of the regular routine a few times a week.

I have a cousin who took a class somewhere in Brooklyn at a community college. This was in 1990. The guy instructing was a very well known beer judge, forgive me I do not remember his name. My cousin does not judge but did it just to learn more about what he was tasting in his own brews. I say go for it.

But your buddies may get mad at you if ya tell them their beer is not good. But if your a judge then who's to say its not bad... LOL Good luck

Glad to see old posts live on...

Back