BIAB vs 3 vessel

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MusicLife

Reaction score
So I have recently switched to all grain, still learning as my first batches have just been average at best, and been doing BIAB.

Last equipment purchase i made to get certiain items came with the coolers to give me the option to do 3 vessel or BIAB.

Now i guess im wondering are there any shortcomings with BIAB or is BIAB all you really need? Space isnt a huge deal but if BIAB is good enough id sell my 2 coolers, one being setup for mash and the other just a HLT.

My intentions are to not really be limited to any types of beers and one day would like to make bigger than 5 gallon batches. Weight of the BIAB full of grain isnt an issue.

I use a keggle for the boil pot.

I appreciate any feedback.

Much appreciated. When i searched i didnt see much. Most was talking about the time difference which wasnt a big deal to me. Ill check those out.

I recently switched from 3v to anvil 10.5. Primarily to brew inside as it is cold and snow makes it less fun for old guys like me. I’m planning on moving to Texas, I think I’ll take my old 3v with. It is nice to do 10 gallon batches once in a while. Oh, the pump is quite nice too. Did I mention being old🤪

Back