Bevflex vs BevSeal Ultra

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scriv

Reaction score
Looking to build a kegerator, and I'm in the early planning stages. It seems there are a few ways to plumb the beer lines. Bevflex with either barbs or pushed onto 1/4 flare swivels, or BevSeal Ultra with John Guest fittings. I'm leaning towards the BevSeal Ultra & John Guest side.

Thoughts? Any pros/cons to either way?

Thanks.

fwiw, it's just "Bevlex".

I'd say those are accurate pairings, there's no reason to use JG with Bevlex PVC tubing as you can warm that stuff up so it'll slip over barbs very easily.

The Bev-Seal Ultra Series 235 stuff, otoh, has that PET liner that really doesn't want to stretch (indeed I wonder how many folks split that barrier lining without realizing it getting it over barbs) so the JG fittings are an excellent choice.

For me the choice would come down to whether I could taste any "vinyl" character when using straight PVC beer line. Fortunately, my genes have that ability pretty much nulled out :ban: so I'm fine with Bevlex-200....

Cheers! ;)

Back