Best way to remove very unhappy mold

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cazamodo

Reaction score
I have a stainless boiler which unfortunately got completely forgotten about after the last brewday.

It sat for over a month with the dregs of wort and hops in the bottom.
Well when I came to just check it, the fact I had left it out for cleaning later that day and forgotten it never crossed my mind.
Well there was something living in it. Luckily most of it poured off but I am left with mold all over, stuck all to my pigtail element, and also all inside the copper drain pipe underneath.

That copper pipe being the problem as I cant use any of th chemicals I use at work as they are for stainless only.

Any ideas how to save this, as I'm at a stage where I could just throw it away, although I would hate to!

I'd fill it with water and start boiling it again. And then drain the hot water through the pipe. Give it a good scrub, then boil it again. I would think boiling with clean water would release most of the mold.

Thanks, I'll give it a go.

The copper manifold I use as a hop filter may have to go. Its completely full of, well, slime.

Ill boil it up and soak it too and hope for the best.

Back