Best way to clean a used keg?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrbeachroach

Reaction score
Hey all I have 2 used soada kegs and wanted to know the best way for theire 1st clean and also regulor cleaning. Thank you

Mild oxyclean or PBW solution, then soak overnite, then rinse with water, then soak with vinegarized water, then rinsed with water, then your favorite no-rinse sanitizer, seal up, purge with CO2, and fill with product.

You'll probably also want to replace all the o-rings as part of the initial cleaning, especially if the keg ever had root beer in it.

Vinegar is used to rinse away any soap residue left behind. Many people use it in the washers rinse cycle to remove any detergent or soap residue left behind. It works great. I also use a mild rinse on my beer glasses.

Salute! :mug:

Vinegar is used to rinse away any soap residue left behind. Many people use it in the washers rinse cycle to remove any detergent or soap residue left behind. It works great. I also use a mild rinse on my beer glasses.

Salute! :mug:
I see. I have never done that but I simply rinse very well between Oxiclean and Starsan.

Latest posts

Back