best time to drink commercial beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bj2387

Reaction score
wasnt sure how to title this but just had a question i would throw out there.

great lakes conways irish ale for example is already out in stores. now im guessing its a beer geared towards st patricks day. i know if i bought it off the shelf today it would taste good but do you guys wait at all on commercial beers. or buy them when they come out and give some time to age before you drink?

All depends on the beer. Any commercial brewer worth their weight should be able to produce a product that's stable for a couple months. Especially with a style like an Irish Red. Aggressively hopped IPAs are probably the only exception.

Most beers I don't deliberately age, commercial or homebrew. Some beers I very much DO deliberately age (I've got 5 cases of aged/aging commercial beer and about 15 cases of aged/aging homebrew).

Question mark?

I'm at the point where I'm hesitant to ever pull anything out since I'm saving it for a special occasion that never comes.

Okay cool I'll be there Friday.

I assume that this will take most of the weekend. Is there a desk corner where I can curl up inbred mornings?

I'll age big barleywines, imperial stouts, and sours that aren't pasteurized.
I have a 6 year vertical of Abyss, and 3 years of The Dissident, for example.

Back