Best. Tattoo. Ever.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jumbo82 said:
I tattooed "BMC tap" on my member...

Thats funny, I did too. Except I spelled it out and used 20pt font.

Budweiser, Miller Brewing, Coors Brewing

:cross:

malkore said:
honestly, if someone has a 'dumb' tattoo, that's their choice.

however when a tattoo is poorly done, or like that portrait that looks terrible...those are 'bad tattoos'.

I, sir, beg to differ but only in this one specific case. This is a bad tattoo on an utter and complete moran.

Mr.Cool-758049.png

NO-- it is not yet over. There is more.

mrCoolIce-thumb.jpg

You know, as a physician I've seen LOTS of tatts...usually not in the best of circumstances. Ponder this: Mr. Ice at the age of 82 in a nursing home. Bet they'll look even cooler then!

Of course, some of you might argue that he's not one of those who is likely to live to such a ripe old age. Au contraire! I've seen some pretty bad tatts on old men. My very favorite was when I was working in a VA hospital as a med student. This little old guy comes in, all whithered up from his lung disorder. He didn't weigh 110 lbs. He's in a wheelchair, on oxygen. Sweet old man, chatting nicely as we discussed his problems. Time comes for the exam and he takes his shirt off.

On his thin, frail body was this single-line, faded tatt of a woman's high heel and foot, done on the inside of his right wrist. It continued to a woman's lower leg and thigh on up his arm, ending at the pit. Sure enough, there was his pit hair, then the tatt continued with the woman's other thigh and leg going down his side. Not much imagination needed to know what his armpit hair was to represent in that rendering.

He'd had it done while he was in the Navy, during the Korean conflict. Now, he was a great-grandfather and elder in his church. Looked at me wistfully and said "I guess it's too late to get it taken off now, huh?"

Don't get me wrong, I'm inked, too. Just something to keep in mind when you make choices about body mods.

:off: Bedlam, what kind of medicine do you practice? It's always nice to see another tattooed member of the medical profession. (Disclaimer: I'm not a doctor -- I'll defend my PhD in June, then back to the wards for M3 and M4 years).

Sorry for my rant guys. I'm used to the gun forums I hang out on, where EVERY tattoo thread goes from positive to negative in about 3 seconds because a bunch of people "don't get" tattoos.

I respectfully apologize to anyone that felt my comments were directed at them.

I am HEAVILY inked as well, and sometimes I get a little pissy when the normies look at me funny :)

and yeah, mr. cool as ice reeks of *****baggery.

landhoney said:
What's with the pose the skeleton is in? Resting his head in his hands?

YOU DON'T QUESTION MR. COOL ICE OR HIS TATTOOS!

If you did, you would have to ask why he decided to have sunglasses tattoo'd on the back of his head.

OK I hope I'm the first to say it;

Nice pinecones! :) :) :) :)

But seriously, that's a nice tattoo, looks really good.

EvilTOJ said:
OK I hope I'm the first to say it;

Nice pinecones! :) :) :) :)

But seriously, that's a nice tattoo, looks really good.

haha! that reminds me of a tattoo I have, that has some lightning in it. this numbnut I worked with once stared at it for a few minutes and then proclaimed "are those roots?"

then she proudly showed me her Marvin the martian tattoo that looks like a 3 year old drew it.

I've got a dragon orobourous on my left shoulder, a necklace of bear claws, and a rose on my right hip.

SWMBO is a piercing and tattoo artist. I've lost track of how much work she's had done. She gets been getting tattooed once or twice a week for about two years now.

It is kind of funny when she comes home at night and tells me her horror stories.

Like the 4-fingered Jesus tattoo.

Or the woman who wanted a labia piercing but was so overweight she had to get another artist to hold back the fat rolls while she did it.

Or the person who asked her if the tattoo could cover her birthmark. She said, "yes" and when she started to clean the area, it washed off. God knows how long that dirt had been there.

feedthebear said:
Or the woman who wanted a labia piercing but was so overweight she had to get another artist to hold back the fat rolls while she did it.

Or the person who asked her if the tattoo could cover her birthmark. She said, "yes" and when she started to clean the area, it washed off. God knows how long that dirt had been there.

Sooooo glad I didn't eat recently. Especially the first one...blech!

Nice tat, bps! I really appreciate tats that are original- gets tiresome when folks elect to get the same old tired stuff over and over...Tasmanian devil, tweety, flamin' jesus hearts, etc. :rockin:

Back