Best place to buy hops by the pound?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guitarguy6

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm buying my grain in bulk locally and am wondering where the best place to by hops by the LB or preferably 1/2 LB is. I currently pay $20 per LB but the selection is limited at my LHBS. I'm in Canada but don't mind buying from the US as long as the shipping price isn't ridiculous.

Thanks

I've gotten stuff from http://www.yakimavalleyhops.com/ and NikoBrew. Yakima has lots of stuff in 8oz packages, which is nice. They're also super friendly, and called me and let me know that Paypal had double-charged me, and when something in my order got messed up (one hop got subbed for another) they rushed out the replacement and let me keep the extras.

I'm going to be ordering some more hops soon for fall... probably gonna go with Yakima.

Thanks guys. yakimavalley has the best prices and shipping so far. Hopsdirect has great prices but want $61 to ship 8lbs to Canada.

It will be a month or 2 before the 2014 harvests arrive at the homebrew stores. If I remember correctly the pellets won't be available until early November. The leaf hops may take less time.

guitarguy6

Where in Canada are you? There is a BC co. called hopsconnect, in pemberton bc.
One thing I have heard from some people buying items from the us, is that courier co.s may tack on a rather large fee for clearing customs. I have heard that usps does not add these charges. Something to look into...

Latest posts

Back