Best Home Brewing Video Ever

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah he messed up Mr Beer, but later he fixes it steps it up a little.

AT LEAST HE WASHED THE DISHES .

Last edited by a moderator:
He's a great guy. Hes on hbt. Hhe did a video review of aa cider and a beer I sent him and he sent me 2 bottles of homegrown homemade hot sauce. Best hot sauce I ever had. Funny guy. Hes got a whole video series about gardening, and he now homebrews. He even sent me some seeds for veggies. Hes a cool dude.

He's a great guy. Hes on hbt. Hhe did a video review of aa cider and a beer I sent him and he sent me 2 bottles of homegrown homemade hot sauce. Best hot sauce I ever had. Funny guy. Hes got a whole video series about gardening, and he now homebrews. He even sent me some seeds for veggies. Hes a cool dude.
Yeah, he's a funny guy in a droll sorta way, the tasting is hilarious.

Thank you aidan that made my day:D I know he will be a great home brewer when he said I can get used to this {taste}----to funny

it's a bit of an agonizing buildup but the long pause after the first sip makes it all worth it

What can I say, people love it when I mess up. Thanks for the promotion aidan. I was wondering where the recent surge in views came from. If only I could get this same type of virality on one of my other videos.

Thanks for the Kind words Mikey. I'm glad you liked the sauce.

I live closer to Washington DC, Bel air is about an hour or so north of me. Baltimore would probably be about halfway. I'm supposed to be spending the entire weekend with my fiancee, so I would have to talk to her before I could commit to making plans this Sunday. But, maybe meeting in Baltimore or somewhere halfway could be doable.

Another time then. Im gonna be at my cousins for the day. Whem im out there for a weekend, we'll work something out

What can I say, people love it when I mess up. Thanks for the promotion aidan. I was wondering where the recent surge in views came from. If only I could get this same type of virality on one of my other videos.

Thanks for the Kind words Mikey. I'm glad you liked the sauce.
Hey Mike,
I've seen many high falutin beer tasting videos on YouTube and never a one as brutally honest as yours. Best part was the 'I could get used to this' after your description of how it tastes. Good to hear that you've not let it put you off and I'm sure your getting better results now with fresher ingredients.
Cheers,
Aidan

MMMmmmm..Yeah....,that tastes kinda awfull.Yeah...... Hilarious response! But unfortunate.No thanks to the coconut idea(head killer?)ok with some styles,too.Bread yeast?Think again.Hell ,why not throw in some yogurt cultures.

The look of disappointment is awesome. Reminds me of me with my first batch - I bottled them and then stuck them right in the cold cellar. Two agonizing weeks later I was so excited to crack one, and poof - no carbonation. Turns out yeast don't work in the cold...

The "this is sort of awful" delivered with a straight face was classic. I enjoyed that the most. To think such a legend lives near me!

The "this is sort of awful" delivered with a straight face was classic. I enjoyed that the most.

One of the best videos I've seen in a long time. My side hurts from laughing so hard at that line - especially the delivery.

Well done, and keep on brewing.

Thanks everybody. It seems like the homebrewing community really likes the video. I guess it is funny that I ingested something that had probably been sitting in someones garage for 15 + years. I probably did about everything possible to make it turn out awful too. The really funny thing is that My fiancee and I ended up drinking the whole two gallons of it. In retrospect, it (whatever it was) wasn't really all that bad, it just wasn't beer. It had no head whatsoever, but was still completely carbonated. It was like drinking some sort of strange mead. It was a failure I probably couldn't duplicate if I tried.

That said however, I have plans to make another coconut ale. So there might be a MBGHW part two on the horizon. I know what I'm doing now and am going to make this my first attempt at a 15 gallon batch, with coconut! Mr. Beer will not factor into the equation this time. As at this point I'm several hundred if not thousands of dollars in equipment beyond where I started. I'm thinking I'll go back to my best American pale ale recipe and add a pound of shredded coconut to the boil (no dry coconutting). I had a couple different coconut stouts, but have never had any kind of coconut light beer. I think i owe it to man kind to bring a coconut ale into existence. If I'm lucky, this time it will go horribly right.

Sweeeeeettt!!!! Watching this made my day. This is better than watching most of the "tasting notes" people have on tasting their own homebrew.

Mad props to you Premnasbiaculeatus!

I enjoyed it too. Coconut in beer? I'd be interested in how it turns out. I don't think you could find another 15 year old can of extract anywhere, but keep on brewing! You should definitely keep that Mr. Beer kit.

That said however, I have plans to make another coconut ale. So there might be a MBGHW part two on the horizon. I know what I'm doing now and am going to make this my first attempt at a 15 gallon batch, with coconut! Mr. Beer will not factor into the equation this time. As at this point I'm several hundred if not thousands of dollars in equipment beyond where I started. I'm thinking I'll go back to my best American pale ale recipe and add a pound of shredded coconut to the boil (no dry coconutting). I had a couple different coconut stouts, but have never had any kind of coconut light beer. I think i owe it to man kind to bring a coconut ale into existence. If I'm lucky, this time it will go horribly right.

As long as you post it on youtube!!
Thanks for posting the videos!
Classic! :ban:
igotsand

Back