Best drinking songs...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just about anything by the Pogues but this one stands out![YOUTUBE]TaHMG_SvUkw&rel=1[/YOUTUBE]

Krieger betrunkener said:
Alright, this might be a little bit late, but here's my $7.39-

AC/DC- Whiskey on the Rocks
The Cheiftans- Whiskey in the Jar (yes this was COVERED by Thin Lizzy and Metallica)
Anything by George Thurogood and the Destroyers
Hell Yea- Alcohaulin' Ass
Flogging Molly- Swagger, Devil's Dance floor, and Drunken Lullabyes
Dead Kennedys- Too Drunk to F***
Steve Earle?- Copperhead Road
The Doors- Alabama Song (Whiskey Bar)
Blue Oyster Cult- Godzilla (Don't ask, it's just a good song)
And anything by ZZ Top

And as far as good singing songs go, anything with a lot of higher pitched male voices
(Roxanne anyone?) and 80's hair metal.

I'd say damn near anything from Steve Earle, especially NYC, and everything from Flogging Molly and The Tossers (another Irishish punk band).

great song satyr! anything by the pogues is good drinking music.

same as anything by the dubliners... or the two together!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going back to my rugby days with this. It's not "music to drink to". It's "songs to shout at the top of your lungs after a rugby match".

I'm Henry the eighth I am
Henry the eighth I am, I am
I got married to the widow next door
She's been married seven times before
And every one was an Henry (Henry)
She wouldn't have a Willy or a Sam (no Sam)
I'm her eighth old man, I'm Henry
Henry the eighth I am

Second verse same as the first

I'm Henry the eighth I am
Henry the eighth I am, I am
I got married to the widow next door
She's been married seven times before
And every one was an Henry (Henry)
She wouldn't have a Willy or a Sam (no Sam)
I'm her eighth old man, I'm Henry
Henry the eighth I am

the_bird said:
Ok, so I was singing my daughter to sleep last night, singing her some old Tom Waits songs, and I got to thinking...

What are people's favorite drinking songs? Either songs directly about drinking, or songs that they like to listen to when they've had a few.

She went out under my piss-poor rendition of Waits' "Bad Liver and a Broken Heart," which I would have to consider to be, at least for me, the epitome of a pure, broken down, alone-in-a-bar-at-closing-time pathos. Pretty much all old Tom Waits falls into this, I suppose. I'm wondering what else people either really want to listen to when they've had a few, or what songs just bring out those same sentiments.

"I don't have a drinking problem 'cept when I cant get a drink..."

the_bird said:
Ok, so I was singing my daughter to sleep last night, singing her some old Tom Waits songs, and I got to thinking...

What are people's favorite drinking songs? Either songs directly about drinking, or songs that they like to listen to when they've had a few.

She went out under my piss-poor rendition of Waits' "Bad Liver and a Broken Heart," which I would have to consider to be, at least for me, the epitome of a pure, broken down, alone-in-a-bar-at-closing-time pathos. Pretty much all old Tom Waits falls into this, I suppose. I'm wondering what else people either really want to listen to when they've had a few, or what songs just bring out those same sentiments.

Mr. Bird I have a new level of respect for you...currently listening to bone machine....but dont get me wrong early waits was the heart of the neo-beat movement....props to you with your heart felt poetic influences....peace

In fact i just put in "Nighthawks at the diner" in your name brother.....What's the scoop betty boop??

Have you ever checked out a cat named Mose Allison?? If not please do...He is a cool cat along the same lines as Mr. Waits...peace

Yeah, so here goes my choices. I'm weird, I know it.

Chumbawamba "I get knocked down" Extra credit for the 'lager drinks' lyric
Hell Yeah "Alcohaulin' Ass" Pour another drink in my glass........
Kid Rock "Smokin and Drinkin" Although I don't smoke
Buck Cherry "All Lit Up Again" Self Expanatory......
Limp Bizkit "Rollin" See Above

Neomich said:
Yeah, so here goes my choices. I'm weird, I know it.

Chumbawamba "I get knocked down" Extra credit for the 'lager drinks' lyric
Hell Yeah "Alcohaulin' Ass" Pour another drink in my glass........
Kid Rock "Smokin and Drinkin" Although I don't smoke
Buck Cherry "All Lit Up Again" Self Expanatory......
Limp Bizkit "Rollin" See Above

Yes your weird....Not to mention your horrible taste in music...lol! Just joshin ya! To each his own & all that jazz....Perhaps you should somke herb....Many times this helps the audio impaired...

spazus_maximus said:
Yes your weird....Not to mention your horrible taste in music...lol! Just joshin ya! To each his own & all that jazz....Perhaps you should somke herb....Many times this helps the audio impaired...

Haha, LOL, I've never claimed to have any kind of musical taste at all when it comes to listening. I prefer fast-paced adrenaline pumping kind of music. The only times I really listen to music is on the way to/from the gym and my martial arts classes.

Now oddly enough, I really enjoy some good clasical and jazz but not when drinkin. When I'm drinkin, I like the blood pumping.

I can't smoke, I just can't 'force' myself to choke down that kind of stuff. Thankfully, I can drink!

Neomich said:
Haha, LOL, I've never claimed to have any kind of musical taste at all when it comes to listening. I prefer fast-paced adrenaline pumping kind of music. The only times I really listen to music is on the way to/from the gym and my martial arts classes.

Now oddly enough, I really enjoy some good clasical and jazz but not when drinkin. When I'm drinkin, I like the blood pumping.

Nothin wrong with that brother......(secretly) I will crank up Mdonna to get my groove on....shhhh dont tell nobody....but i know all the "Borderline" lyrics by heart....lol....

No... im the same way I have my taste in music(i am a musician) but theres times i just wanna have a good time & rock out ya know?...sometimes i think that all those cats that take their music too serious just arent havin a good time...Ya know??

spazus_maximus said:
sometimes i think that all those cats that take their music too serious just arent havin a good time...Ya know??

The same can be said with just about anything. You take it too seriously and it's no longer enjoyable.

I heard this once someplace, "Don't take life too seriously, you'll never make it out alive".

Neomich said:
The same can be said with just about anything. You take it too seriously and it's no longer enjoyable.

I heard this once someplace, "Don't take life too seriously, you'll never make it out alive".

That reminds me of my 3 life-long rules to live ny:

1: Work like ya dont need the money.
2:Love like ya never been hurt.
3: (Most important!) DANCE LIKE NOBODY IS WATCHIN!!!!!:mug:

This forum repeated my post....WTF??

Neomich said:

That reminds me of my life-long rules to live ny:

1: Work like ya dont need the money.
2:Love like ya never been hurt.
3: (Most important!) DANCE LIKE NOBODY IS WATCHIN!!!!!:mug:

Back