Best deal on ball lock corny's right now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zanemoseley

Reaction score
I'm thinking of getting some additional kegs. I usually get my stuff from BMW but they're $37 right now from them, but I may be able to get a monthly code to get it down to about $33. They say they're reconditioned but also say they may have stickers which isn't very reconditioned to me. But they come with additional O rings. I am about to get some other stuff from BMW so the shipping will be covered.

Somebody mentioned homebrewing.org which has them for $80/4 but aren't cleaned/reconditioned and come with no rings. I've also never heard of this vendor.

Any other amazing deals now I can't pass up.

I have ordered four kegs from Kegglebrewing.com since they sell them cheaper for HBT members, and they were covered with stickers and still had soda residue inside them, but otherwise fine. Unfortunately, one was a Firestone VI keg that I still have problems with even after buying $15 worth of replacement parts. Other than that, the kegs have worked very well, and I am happy with my purchase. Unfortunately, the price has gone up quite a bit, so it's not as great a deal as these used to be, and their shipping is pricier than most.

I have also purchased a keg from BMW, which was in great condition, and that's probably where I'll go back to when I need more kegs. The price is reasonable and they stand behind their product.

The shipping is always a problem with kegs. A good price often gets nuked when you add in the shipping.

BMW's price is not bad when you figure in the flat rate shipping. I have ordered a couple of kegs from Ed and have no complaints.

How does stickers on the outside of the keg affect your beer again?

Buy a bag of each size o ring from McMaster and 'refurb' your own kegs anytime you need a new gasket.

I bought mine from "Pedalbiker" here on HBT, and picked them up for $25 each. His were refurbed, including putting the kegs on a lathe and scotch-brite-ing the outsides.

I don't know how much shipping iwll be to TN though.

best guess is to try and find a place that is close so shipping is not so much or close enough to go and get. A general rule of thumb I have is about $25/keg to my house but that's me.

Thanks much. I just found a nice Cornelius keg here at work, problem is both fittings have been swiped, I'm looking for replacements and Oring kits and one more keg. Ill check them out.

I actually got my original 4 kegs from "pedalbiker" if I remember correctly and was pleased with them. I may contact him to see if he's still selling them and what they run each.

I just noticed pedalbiker is the same as keggle brewing and he sells for $25 each to HBT member. I'm guessing after shipping it would be $30 each.

I can get them from BMW since I"m already getting a recipe or two for $33.30 (after 10% discount) if you don't count the shipping.

I wish I could get the deal I got from pedalbiker last February, I got 4 shipped for $100 adn they were nice quality. I guess kegs have gone up a bit in the last year.

Well if I don't include the shipping since I'm ordering already and paying the flat rate shipping its $33 from BMW or $23 for a jacked up half handle one off ebay. BMW gives you $3 of o-rings for free as well. So I guess I'll go with a pair from BMW.

I'll tell you one thing, when you begin lagering instead of brewing fast turn around beers like pale ales, blondes and wheats you sure can run out of cornys/secondaries pretty quick especially when going 10 gallons at at time. Especially when you're trying to get a pipeline going so you don't have to brew much during the extremely cold months.

well I cut one handle off mine anyways, I can fit 3 kegs and the c02 tank in my Sanyo bc-1206 with one handle removed. The guy on ebay just saves me the effort and I save a bunch.

Just got a pair of kegs from Brewmaster's Warehouse. They are fairly clean and came with new O-rings. The only complaint I could see is that if you look inside of them the bottoms are pretty dinged up. Not so bad to where the wobble or anything, really just cosmetic. They also came pressurized. They're not the cheapest per keg but if you're already ordering ingredients like I was it's essentially free shipping.

I just bought four more ball lock kegs from homebrewing.org.
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f35/keg-force-carbing-methods-illustrated-73328/

I bought two from them before, at different times, and both came just fine out of the box. I bought a couple O-ring sets just to be sure but haven't had to use them.

By the way, it was right at $100 for four, and that included shipping. Considering their condition, I really think it is the best deal going.

Latest posts

Back