Belgian Pale Ale hacked up from extract kits?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clone63

Reaction score
I've never run across a Belgian Pale Ale extract kit (all I can get locally) so I was thinking of throwing together a Cooper's/Black rock Pilsener kit with a can of Wheat LME and fermenting on the warm side with some Danstar Belle Saison (only seen Danstar yeast around here).
Just a thought. What do you think I'll end up with?

What do you mean by belgian pale ale? If you mean dekoninck or palm? If so that wont get you anywhere close. Thats going to get you a saison.

What do you mean by belgian pale ale? If you mean dekoninck or palm? If so that wont get you anywhere close. Thats going to get you a saison.

Yup. Pretty much going to get you a saison since the grain bill and yeast is very close to that.

Hmmm, well that certainly wouldn't upset me..

I guess I let my ass do the talking at first, I maybe should have said "Belgian-esque" thinking about it now, every beer I had in mind was a golden strong. Leffe Blonde is the only mainstream Belgian pale ale I've had in the past while.
I don't know what to use other than the saison yeast with my limitations.
Maybe just screw my initial idea and go with a saison. Just as happy with that lol

I brewed an extract Belgian Pale Ale, here is the recipe.

All you need to do is steep 1lb of Caramunich, add the extract, and one smack-pack of yeast. If you prefer dry yeast T-58 or S-33 would work perfectly fine.

Back