Beerswap- Glibbidy's Lager's

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AleHole

Reaction score
Well Glibbidy and I did a beerswap on our own. We swapped 2 different beers each. He sent me a couple Lagers. One is his Bohemian Pilsner and the other his American Pilsner.

Now being so new to homebrewing I have never had a hombrew lager or even thought of brewing a lager. I really had no idea what to expect.

The first one I tried was the Bohemian Pilz. I enjoyed this beer from the first pop of the cap. I poured this into your regular everyday pint glass and ended up with a nice inch of perfectly creamy head. The beer was a perfect clear gold color and you could see tons of bubbles rising up to the top. This beer had a nice easy to drink malt profile and in my opinion perfectly carbed. By the time I was finished with the bomber I was ready for another.

With the American Pilsner things did not go so well. Unfortunately the beer arrived flat. Being that I love beer so much I took one for the team and pressed on. Other than being flat the beer was still pretty good. It seemed to have a bit more of a malt profile than the Bohemian and was very easy drinking.

This has definately inspired me to brew a lager. I am thinking I could probably get away with it next winter and let it ferment in my garage which stays pretty cool. I really don't plan on buying a dedicated ferment refridgerator to regulate the colder temps a lager needs but suspect the garage will work as long as there is no freezing temps forcasted. It will be hard to drink any commercial lagers after having some good quality homebrewed pilsner thats for sure.

Thanks Glibbidy this was fun and hope to do it again.
:tank:

Thanks for the kind words, and the review on both beers. Not unlike the homebrewing experience itself, it's nice to be able to share something that provides inspiration to try something new. :mug:

My Bohemian Pilzner probably has the largest circulation out of all my creations in this community. I'm glad your all as pleased with this lager beer as I am.;)

As for the american Pilsner, my apologies that it arrived bubble free :eek: I just tapped another keg of that stuff, and if I get motivated maybe I'll overnight you a bottle. This beer was my first experiment using all pilsner malt.

Cheers!

Glibbidy said:
As for the american Pilsner, my apologies that it arrived bubble free :eek: I just tapped another keg of that stuff, and if I get motivated maybe I'll overnight you a bottle. This beer was my first experiment using all pilsner malt.

No worries, I had fun swapping with you so if you send me another bottle that just means I have to ship you another. I tell ya what, we can set up another exchange in a few months and go from there.
:drunk:

Latest posts

Back