Beersmith Inventory Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

apparatus

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is a way to import/export inventory using beersmith? I have just purchased a new laptop and would like to import my inventory into it. i have not figured a way to do this other than hand inputting them all.

no promises this will work but you might try navigating the the beersmith folder on the harddrive and copying over the .bsm files. there is one for each type of inventory items. might work....

Thanks for the reply. I went ahead and just started imputting them all by hand. I am now about 50% finished. It is quite a pain doing it this way though as I had to stop several times to create new ingredients (i.e. crystal 15L). I think this is something that should be considered for future versions.

Asked this question today at the forums there.

IIRC you add the inventory in each location. For example, if you have 3 lbs of 20L, you go to the grains section and double click and add the inventory in the appropriate spot.

As for exporting and importing, while in the grains, hops, or whatever section, select export. Find a place where you want the file and select either the individual or all the items you want to export. (just like recipies) Once exported, move the file to the new PC and open beersmith. Select "Import and merge" and find the file. It will automatically update the list with new information and will not duplicate.

Back