Beersmith - Add-ons not working properly

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChuckS1

Reaction score
Windows 7 user here. Clicked on File->Add-ons, got the Add-ons window but it's blank. If I click on the green add icon, I get an error message that says "Could not connect to download the list of add-ons from the internet". I've got an internet connection, so what's the problem?

I asked this same question on the support forum over on Beersmith a week ago and so far have had no replies. Thought maybe someone here might know.

I'm a Windows user too and when I do the exact steps you outline I get the normally populated window so it's not the Beersmith site. Have you changed anything on your system?

Your pop ups blocker might be set up to prevent it from showing anything. Or your firewall is. You have to go to it & list an allowance.

Add-ons have never worked since I installed Beersmith (Version 2.2.12). I can connect to the Cloud and Cloud Search works. The "Check for Updates" function apparently works, too.

Tried both disabling the popup blocker in Firefox and my Windows firewall. Neither worked. Thanks for the suggestions.

You can also go to the Beersmith site & contact them with questions. He's been really great at answering all my questions the last couple years. :mug:

Yeah, been working that as well. No success over there, either.

Yes, he sent my code to me. His responses are not always the quickest, so it makes sense to have it available before deleting and reinstalling.

Back