Quantcast

BeerSmith 2.0

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

emjay

Reaction score
Nice! Can't wait. I've been holding off for ages in anticipation of 2.0, as it's been coming out "soon" for a long time now.

Golddiggie

Reaction score
Pre-order placed... Taking advantage of the reduced price is great.

Wonder how long before the next release is even thought about. :D Hope it's not another ~8 years... :eek:

jsweet

Reaction score
Might as well add my voice to the chorus too! I just pre-ordered.
I'll add some counterpoint by saying: I filled out the form for those of us who purchased 1.4 recent enough to get 2.0 for free! Neener-neener! ;)

k2zr2

Reaction score
Its an awesome update. Totally worth the pre-order price, or the discounted price if you are a previous owner.

To those of you complaining about purchasing it again, think of windblows.

You just buy Vista today, Windows 7 comes out next month. What's the upgrade fee? It's very rarely free...

If you can't justify the $$$, Beersmith 1.4 is still a fantastic program.

I'm a beta tester, one of maannnny. If you have specific questions I can try and answer them.

Mr_Pear

Reaction score
Sweet, qualified for the free upgrade, yay! Although I probably would of purchased the new version without hesitation!

Baldy_Beer_Brewery

Reaction score
I was glad to see the upgrade option. 1.4 is pretty good IMHO and I would have likely stayed with it had the upgrade option not been available.

wildwest450

Banned
Reaction score
Woot, I couldn't be happier to spend $17, that's less than my dinner was last night.

_

Newbeerguy

Reaction score
Couldn't pass up the pre order discount either. Been nothing but thrilled with 1.4, so I am pretty pumped about the new version. :mug:

blender747

Reaction score
The screenshots for 2.0 look great. I'm excited for the Mac version!

Running the Beersmith trial through WINE on my Mac sucked, so I had been trying out the trial version of Beer Tools Pro. From the screenshots, Beersmith 2.0 looks like it might have BTP beat.

fusa

HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Will be pre-ordering soon. I missed the free upgrade by two days, but it is still worth it. $16.95 is a very reasonable price for a major upgrade.

jwilki1

Reaction score
I ordered 8 days before the cut off but went ahead and ordered the upgrade. I'm excited about the new MAC version. :ban:

jsweet

Reaction score
I bought the old version after the cutoff, so 2.0 is free for me. FYI, I think the guy is really backlogged getting back to people with their upgrade keys. I just got mine the other day, it had been like 2 or 3 weeks I think! So if you're eligible for the free upgrade, fill out the form now.

HHP

Reaction score
Does anyone have any idea when 2.0 will actually be out, rather than "hopefully early june"?

I just cant wait to check it out!

I would even take a beta ... I already paid for it!

terrapinj

Reaction score
Does anyone have any idea when 2.0 will actually be out, rather than "hopefully early june"?

I just cant wait to check it out!

I would even take a beta ... I already paid for it!
he said they are trying to time it just before or during the AHA conference which starts on June 16

wyzazz

Reaction score
"I am hoping to release in the range of 8-10 June..."

Quote from one of Brad's emails to the Beta-Testers.

pinkfloyd4ever

Reaction score
Can you make dry hop additions show up after boil additions on the preview sheet rather than before pleeeeasssee???

Sorry if this has already been said (or has already been fixed), don't have time to read all 12 pages right now.

iaefebs

Banned
Reaction score
Sorry if this has already been said (or has already been fixed), don't have time to read all 12 pages right now.
Go to User CP in the toolbar select "edit options" scroll to "number of posts per page" and change to show 160 posts per page. Then you only have to read one page and not 12.:D

wyzazz

Reaction score
Just got word that the official launch of BS2 will be this Friday at Noon EST, that is of course unless a major bug is found between now and then.

Reaction score
Pre-ordered.

In the list of the things that make my brewing hobby great, Beersmith is very near the top. Someday I hope to meet Brad Smith and thank him personally, regardless of how much he has financially gained through this.