Beermance a video series

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pompeiisneaks

Why that human mask?
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hey all, longtime HBT member, lifetime member in fact, that is starting up a video series called Beermance on youtube to discuss the basics of beer. I think most here probably don't need the videos, but some of the newer brewers might like them. Mostly, I respect the opinions here and want input on what people thing about the videos. Here's the youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/Beermancenet

if y'all want to give the two we have up a gander, I'd appreciate it. It's a bit of a double win for me. I get to talk about beer and do video work. Both things I love doing.

I'm open to honest constructive feedback on what we're doing right, wrong etc.

So far we just have two videos, an intro and one on Malt. I have 6 more filmed that I'm editing, and they'll keep coming so long as it looks like people like them.

Cheers!

One more shameless self plug.

I'm not trying to abuse the system, but realized I posted this in the middle of the day when viewership may be low, so once and once only I'll bring it to the top of the forum, I hope you don't all want to beat me with a wet noodle :) I just spent a lot of my creative energy into this baby and hope some people can see it and give me some input/feedback etc. If nobody else even looks, I'll let it be. Have a great one! apologies for the semi-spamminess, I feel guilty, but not guilty enough to not do it lol.

You asked for feedback, I'm surprised none has been given yet. Please don't take any of this too seriously, I just watch a lot of videos on youtube. Your wife is very lovely, very pleasant to look at, but that's all she is offering your videos.

At first I thought it would be someone that didn't like beer trying to figure beer out, but you guide most of the questions. For example, while explaining malts, you could have offered that she smell or taste a sample to gain an understanding. I also question why you include the footage of her wretching after she trys the beer. If she hates beer, trying to get her to like it by trying choices she'll hate ain't the way brother. If it were me, I'd try to find VERY light watery beers, maybe even the fruity stuff. My wife loves the pumpkin ales out currently, low hop, low malt, high other than beer flavor.

Anyhow, thats my opinion. The videos seem well made, the background is lovely, it seems the people are as well. Best of luck to you!

First off, overall, they remind me of the Imasofat couple on Youtube doing beer reviews while traveling, camping, etc. But it also kind of reminds me of member Gary's Home Brewer TV of old. Giving good information then a tasting at the end. I always liked that format myself. But I'd definitely experiment with different ways to explain a beers flavor after she gives her impression of it. This might lead to a rounder, more complete explanation of what she's tasting. I think this might lead to the greater appreciation you seek with her. Otherwise, she's charming & adds to the videos.

Thanks for the input from both of you. I did realize starting with an IPA was probably a bit much only after we'd filmed the first one, but the second video is a pilsner and she didn't have too bad a time with it. I think the point of that, in my thoughts, is for comic relief, and to show that we both understand not everyone is going to like beer and that's okay. Just more for you and I. I'm going to have to research the video's you mention, when I started filming this a year ago (yeah it took me that long to finally finish them) there were very few good beer info videos, most I found searching youtube were just people doing tastings. I did a search yesterday and saw quite a few more.

I especially like the idea of having her drive the questions more, we did that a little in the second video. We've got the next 6 filmed and I don't recall what happened with those, but when we film more I'll make sure we think through your great ideas, thanks!

Glad to help out. Kinda funny, I uploaded my home brewing book to amazon kindle that's being published atm. Spelled my name wrong as the author this time. lolz. Even I have to wait till it's published to fix my own bloody name. And after I got everything else right too?!...:drunk:

Latest posts

Back