Beergun / Counter Pressure Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FreddyMar3

Reaction score
Hopefully this isn't a total n00b question but I've read through a number of threads regarding beerguns and didn't see this addressed...

If you are filling form a beergun or CPBF, the beer obviously has to be cold and carb'd. What if you want to store the beer warm after bottling? Is anyone worried about the beer going form warm to cold twice before drinking? I know repeated temp changes can create permanent binds between proteins and poly-phenols (or so I've read) and thus a permanent haze. But are there any other concerns with the temp change?

I am stepping up to 10 gal batches next weekend and need to bottle all of it until I can get around to doing a keezer build. Unless I want to get an array of fridges, I won't have the room to store the bottles cold after using the beer gun.

I've never really had a problem with storing the bottles warm after bottling. However, since the beers are not filtered, after a while the beers may develop a thin layer of yeast on the bottom of the bottles. Yeast is a very tenacious thing. I've had beer ferment for a month, then cold in kegs for months more, bottled and after a month in the bottle warm..... the damn yeasties were still doing their job. Not a big deal but food for thought.

Awesome, thanks for the feedback. Gotta love those little guys. I like setting aside a few beers for aging so I'll never complain about live yeast in a bottle of beer.

Back