BeerAlchemy not starting up

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mhochman

Reaction score
BA version: 2.1.3
MacOS version: 10.12.13

Hadn't started the app in months, tried to start it yesterday. Gave me a window about finding my files or something. Clicked what I thought to be the appropriate choice (that I hadn't moved my data files), and the software immediately crashed Now it gives one bounce in the dock and then nothing.

Looks like the software hasn't been updated since last April. Makes me a little nervous that it may be abandoned.

Anyone know what's going on with this once-great software? Maybe it's time to fully embrace BeerSmith.

I have version 1.2.13 and it opens and works fine. Every once and again I get a popup saying the editor of the app needs to update it for continued compatibility but I click ok and it opens as usual and works fine for me.

Edit: this is in my iPhone running iOS 10.2.1

Edit: this is in my iPhone running iOS 10.2.1

It's the mac version I am having trouble with. My iOS version is working fine. If I do have to switch to BeerSmith (i.e. Beer Alchemy is no longer supported), I don't even have the ability to export/import my recipes. I will have to re-type off of the iOS version.

Back