Beer went into co2 line

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Threetall

Reaction score
So I began to keg a batch of beer for the first time.
I had 4 gallons of beer in a 5 gallon keg, and was carbonating at 30 psi at around room temperature (72 f) using the PSI number beer smith gave me.
I had the keg sitting for a week, and it was fine.
I left for a trip Friday, and came back today and there was beer in the co2 line.
I have no idea why this would have happened?

Edit: I just realized I put the co2 line on the beverage out side. Stupid me. Is my beer ruined?

So I began to keg a batch of beer for the first time.
I had 4 gallons of beer in a 5 gallon keg, and was carbonating at 30 psi at around room temperature (72 f) using the PSI number beer smith gave me.
I had the keg sitting for a week, and it was fine.
I left for a trip Friday, and came back today and there was beer in the co2 line.
I have no idea why this would have happened?

Edit: I just realized I put the co2 line on the beverage out side. Stupid me. Is my beer ruined?

Is your BEER ruined? I think you're asking the wrong question. Real question is -- HOW badly is your kegging setup ruined.

Beer in the regulator is a huge no no. You're going to have to take it completely apart and wash and dry it. That, or it's already too late and you're going to have to get new equipment. Beer will ruin a regulator very quickly. Do some research on cleanup. You may be able to salvage some equipment.

Is your BEER ruined? I think you're asking the wrong question. Real question is -- HOW badly is your kegging setup ruined.

Beer in the regulator is a huge no no. You're going to have to take it completely apart and wash and dry it. That, or it's already too late and you're going to have to get new equipment. Beer will ruin a regulator very quickly. Do some research on cleanup. You may be able to salvage some equipment.
^ This.

You need these:
http://www.kegworks.com/gas-side-check-valve-for-dtc302-1-keg-couplers-830-p175500?_s_icmp=nextopia

http://www.kegworks.com/gas-shut-off-with-check-valve-427-p16598?_s_icmp=nextopia

Back