Beer Voyeurism

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gear101

Reaction score
I brought this up no too long ago, I have a four cell Mag size D flashlight and like to watch my glass carboys. Is that make me a weriod, or do more people do this too? LOL

:tank:

I ferment in buckets so I can't see what's going on. The only time I pay attention to my fermenters is when they are blowing off. I had a friend brew with me once though and his blow off tube clogged. Blew the bucket lid off. I siphoned a gallon from it into a glass jug and put a new lid on to stop the blow off. It was pretty cool watching the beer in the glass jug. It was churning like crazy.

I often find myself in the basement sniffing the burps coming out of the airlock, especially on hoppier brews.

Guilty... Of watching and sniffing... Several times a day, every day. It's fascinating, especially when the thing is churning

I have an extremely bright LED light that i use to monitor my carboys.......

I like to take my time... you know, take my carboy out to dinner, have some drinks... some laughs... then we can cuddle up by the fireplace, put on some slow music, and then i stare deeply into its wort..... :eek:

There is absolutely nothing wrong with carboyeurism. It is one of the neatest science experiments you can do and with real benefits! :mug:

It's the 21st century....where men (and women) should not be ashamed to explore their natural desire to stare and sniff.
Frankly..... I think anyone who doesn't is weird.

Oh....I like watching my beer ferment too:drunk:

I think I just heard a big bubble? LOL

and you people are weriod, I am watching a Hefe.. the best to watch.

Let me go look, to make sure everything is OK. LOL

100% agree. I keep my huge flashlight in my ferm closet and check (and sniff) regularly... My wife is starting to suspect insanity, but I keep telling her it's normal.

Do you guys ever crawl into your ferm chamber and close the door just so you can get some "alone" time with your fermenting beer? That's normal right? I've only ever passed out from the total lack of oxygen and CO2 poisoning a couple times. Pretty normal right?

I brought this up no too long ago, I have a four cell Mag size D flashlight and like to watch my glass carboys. Is that make me a weriod, or do more people do this too? LOL

Lol, I've done that so many times :D

And it's awesome to see those very fine bubbles rise :)
A soothing feeling to know everything is doing what it's supposed to do :p

With my buckets, I turn off all the lights and then put the flashlight against the lid so I see how high the krausen is.

I need help.

Here I was thinking this was about brewing nude...

I totally peek though. I got my two and a half year old daughter into it too.

not until you try to film up your carboys skirt with a "shoe cam"

Made my brother and brother-in-law check out a carboy that was in full activity today.

And , yeah I use my flashlight.

Nothing beats the sound of four carboys in primary all going to the same blow-off bucket! A symphony of yeast!

I have a small LED flashlight and definitely sniff my airlocks. The Apfelwein smelled awesome for the first few days, then BAM! liquor smell.

Back