Beer tray

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HopMama

Reaction score
Making a beer tray out of some caps from my collection. Can't wait to start serving home brew on it:)

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1399477703.114696.jpg

I've always wondered how people are using bottle caps. Do you just flat them back out from where the bottom opener put a dent in it, or are they new caps?

I save caps from new breweries or beers... they're easy to take of without any damage whatsoever. I use a bartender's opener (the flat big piece of steel with the punched out half oval on one end) and work my way around the base with little force... you'll get to a point where the whole cap just releases without damage. MUCH easier than trying to fix a bent cap.

I'm better at getting them off without bending them than my husband, lol. I did hammer a couple , some have dents. Eh, a layer of epoxy should smooth it all out:)

My tiny hammer is missing! I did use the handle of a screwdriver to bash out a couple....the dowel is a great idea:)

Latest posts

Back