Beer Transport

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

foley178

Reaction score
How do you guys transport your beer if it's already bottled and been conditioned in the fridge. Is it okay to fridge, pull out and refrige?

sure. so long as no major temperature swings. Although, how did you bottle carb in fridge? I would think the cooler temps would inhibit the left over yeast from eating up the remaining sugars to carbonate the bottles.

Just after two weeks in Bottle I allow two weeks of fridge condition

Just after two weeks in Bottle I allow two weeks of fridge condition

Once in the fridge conditioning pretty much stops. I only keep a few brews in the fridge. The rest are at room temp conditioning.

Long term, keeping it cold promotes flavor stability, it doesn't harm the yeast. But if you're talking about taking a 6 pack across town, it's fine to just pull it out of your fridge and carry it. A cooler would be nice so it's cold when you get there but nothing bad will happen if it warms up for a little while.

Long term, keeping it cold promotes flavor stability, it doesn't harm the yeast. But if you're talking about taking a 6 pack across town, it's fine to just pull it out of your fridge and carry it. A cooler would be nice so it's cold when you get there but nothing bad will happen if it warms up for a little while.

That's understood but it won't stir up the yeast and cause off favors?

That's understood but it won't stir up the yeast and cause off favors?

It will stir up the yeast. It won't cause off-flavors.

I drove three kegs 400 miles on Tuesday night. Put them in place Wednesday morning. Drank them Thursday afternoon. They were cloudier than I would have liked, but tasted fine. By Saturday, they were clear again.

But it sounds like you're talking about bottles. I think the effect on bottles is much less because there's much less sediment. There are many examples of bottle conditioned commercial beers, all of which are transported and most of which are kept warm at one point or another.

Latest posts

Back