Beer, mustard and cheese party

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Make your own beer mustard!

I made some with a local IPA (Lift Bridge Hop Dish) from this recipe:

Beer Mustard (Scroll down to the middle of the page for the recipe)

It is delicious mustard, but the presence was of the IPA was so light that the spiciness of the mustard almost covers it up, so I might try a darker beer next time to use some of the malty sweetness to offset the spiciness of the mustard. Oh, and the mustard powder I used was Colman's. I wasn't sure which kind because the recipe didn't specify, and it turned out great with that mustard powder.

Another thought is to make some beer pretzels and beer mustard with the same beer, and then drink that beer while consuming the pretzels and mustard...

Make the pretzels in advance and bake them until just before they start to brown. Pull out and let cool - freeze if more than a day in advance. Finish the baking as the guests arrive. There are so much better fresh out of the oven. Otherwise you will be busy making pretzels while everyone else is drinking, eating and socializing. Unless of course you have a giant kitchen and with room for everyone.

Of course not that I ever do this. We have several large food and beer oriented parties a year and I'm invariably still in the kitchen 2 hrs after the guests have been arriving.

Thanks for tips. May add some brats. Going to make it while some of the guests arrive. Have a few that want to see the process. They love soft pretzels and want to make them too. Will let you know how it turns out.

Latest posts

Back