Beer Making Classes Near DC

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewbieVet3

Reaction score
Hello all,

I’m on furlough and would like to capitalize on my time by taking a beer making class. I’m having some trouble finding a place near DC, though, and am hoping someone in the community can let me know the names of reputable places in the area. Thanks in advance!

I used to be on the Maryland Homebrew newsletter and used to see stuff about classes they offered (mdhb.com). I did not see anything with a quick look at their website (and I dropped off their email a while ago). You could check with them. I don't have any first hand knowledge of the quality of their classes.

Check out the DC Homebrewers club. They do regular callouts for "are you brewing? Wanna invite someone to learn?".

Most of the local clubs do Learn to Homebrew Day events as well.

Stop by the shop

Today

or give us a call

301-663-449l

Don't just drink, Create it!

Home

About Us

Services

Contact

Brew at the Barrel

Are you looking to make your own beer or wine, but don't know where to start? Do you need to brew a larger batch than your system can handle? Our shop has a fully-equipped brew house where you can make your very own batch. If you’re just starting out, we can even guide you through the process, so you learn more and worry less.

• Learn from experienced instructors.
  • Leave the mess to us.
  • Brew larger batches up 15 gallons
  • Meet other home-brewers and wine-makers.
  • Taste a home brew on us
learn MORE

Gift Certificates

gift_certs.jpg
Stop by the shop or contact us today about getting a Gift Certificate for the brewer or wine maker in your life. Or get them started brewing with a "Beginners Special" gift certificate.

Store Hours

fb_store_sm.png

• Monday - 10:00 - 4:00
  • Tuesday - 10:00 - 7:00
  • Wednesday - CLOSED
  • Thursday - 10:00 - 7:00
  • Friday 10:00 - 7:00
  • Saturday 10:00 - 4:00
  • Sunday 11:00 - 3:00
yeast_sm.jpg

banner-1.jpg

There's 2 brew on premises (BOP) here in Loudoun county. Kettles and Grains in Leesburg and The Craft of Brewing in Ashburn. Both could get you going with a brew day and teach you everything you'll need to know.

Thanks to everyone who replied. Maryland is a little too far for me but I’ll look in to the Loudon County locations. Cheers!

Where are you located? I *think* Jays Brewing in Manassas does some classes as well.

Also Loudoun and Frederick MD are a quick hop up Rt 15 apart.

Back