Beer line length and flow control faucets

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cosminman

Reaction score
Hello. SWMBO gave approval for keezer, so I started the documentation process. I plan to get faucets that have that flow control lever.
In this case, does the beer line lenght matter? I am thinking that having that flow control lever, it shouldn't. Should it?

Cheers

I have the flow control and rarely use the adjustment. Just make sure your system is set up right. And you'll get perfect pours every time.

They are kind of convenient for filling a bottle or growler in a hurry, without having to get out a counterpressure filler.

I have the Intertap flow controls (which I really like, best price I found was a Ritebrew.com, I have no affiliation with the site). What they do help with is the ability to have one beer line length for all of my kegs no matter what pressure I'm serving at. My ales I serve at 11-12 psi, my Hefe and wheat beers about 16.

That said, I tried to set the line length based on a serving pressure of 11psi. The calculator I ran started me off at about 10' of beer line. I actually had to trim them down to about 8' and get great pours now, even on the Hefe (flow control helps quite a bit here)

So long answer short - yes beer line length does matter. The flow controls will just give you a little more room for error or allow you to adjust serving pressure a bit without the need for a different line.

Back