Beer Ice cream

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chicagobrewer

Reaction score
When I lived in Pittsburgh there was an excellent ice cream store called Dave and Andy's that made ice cream using something from the Iron City brewing company. Does anyone know if they were using the left over yeast? Or the trub? Has anyone ever made beer ice cream? If so, do you have a recipe?

Thanks.

I have had ice cream made with Guinness several times and it is fantastic. There are several recipes out there if you Google it.

I'm an idiot sometimes. I google stuff constantly but not this question. Ugh, I'll blame it on the sunshine in Chicago today.

I saw a kriek beer ice cream recipe while I was looking through them. That sounded pretty tasty to me. Neapolitan with a kriek, stout, and a wit would be interesting.

I remember making Guinness Ice Cream with a friend, once. It turned out to be more like Guinness Milk Shakes. It also tasted great!

Chimay Blue also tops ice cream very well. Now that my kid has kicked his milk allergy and the ice cream maker is off the high shelf, we are going to get into some beer ice cream. I have a robust coffee porter that is just begging to go into the tub.

TL

Back