Beer for Dogs?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

birdroad

Reaction score
So I thought this was interesting:
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/oregon-man-creates-beer-for-dogs-2013-01-07?link=MW_latest_news

CHICAGO (MarketWatch) - An Oregon man has come up with a beer made especially for dogs, KTVZ TV reports. Daniel Keeton, who works at a microbrewery in Bend, created Dawg Grog last summer but just signed up his first retail customer. The brew contains no alcohol but is an organic mixture of vegetable broth, water, spent grain and glucosamine. A six-pack of 16-ounce containers runs about $36, the station noted.

Thoughts?

The only reason I'd want to buy one of those, is so I could brew into those bottles and drink them in front of others so they'd think I'd be drinking dog beer.

$36 is wayyyy too much to spend on drinks for toto in my opinion.

Yeah, I thought it was funny until I saw the price tag.

I would get my dog that "beer" if it cost a quarter of that LOL

I got a batch of a 4% ABV pale ale that ended up with tons of DMS. Every once in a while I’ll crack a bottle to taste test (it’s never gotten any better after about 1 ½ years) and pour about half into our dog Samson’s bowl. The other half usually goes down the sink or into whatever we are making for dinner.

I guess all I need to do is figure out how to evaporate the alcohol and add some glucosamine and I can sell this stuff for big bucks! It already tastes like vegetable broth and Samson gives it a two paws up review!

Back