Been Trolling for a while, figure might as well join!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bighornmountaindew

Reaction score
Hey all, I have been trolling this site looking for info for the last few months. I bought my first kit back in August and I have had the greatest time with this hobby. I am pretty mad at myself for holding off so long before finally doing it now too. Should have started years ago! Anyway, I got the basic BB starter kit from my LHBS and started with BB's Nut Brown Ale and it was aboslutely great. Then I did their basic IPA because my old lady wanted something a bit lighter, she isn't so keen on any "beer" that doesn't come in a can. We will work on that with her. At some point in there I made an attempt at a hard cider, I thought it was ruined (was super yeasty and just never cleared right) until about a week ago when I tasted it again and it was almost like a champagne type of taste. I will have to work on that one since it was pretty dry. I've been through a few others, still extract brewing for now, but just about everything I've done had specialty grains. I have built a few recipes on my own. I just love how I can come up with something by looking through everyone else recipes and adding here or subracting there. My next beer is going to be a BIAB so I can get the AG experience that I can't yet afford with that extra equipment. Well, it probably won't be my next beer, but it will be shortly down the road. My parents got me a bunch of Mr B extracts for Xmas, so I gotta use those up first. I'm having surprisingly good results with the mods (basically just more lme or dme to bring it up to a suitable gravity for 5G) I've made to those too. Thanks for your time fellas!

Welcome! Sounds like you've had some great experiences so far... and the rest will be even better! It only goes uphill.

Also, who else doesn't like it in the can?

I should have known! I have to choose better English and not set myself up like that! As for the beer, its great. Already feel like I've joine a whole new group of friends that were a whole lot cooler than my old ones!

Welcome!!!!

FYI: You were lurking, not trolling. Trolling is when a person says something incendiary with the intent of upsetting someone and provoking a response.

Back