BCS Port Forwarding on Apple Router (Basic Port Fwd Questions)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mliptack

Reaction score
Hello,

I am looking to set up port forwarding so I can access my BCS Remotely

I know my IP address from whatismyipaddresss.com lets call it 199.99.99.999
I know the BCSs IP address its 10.0.1.100 and I set the port as 8080.

The airport utility has the following port forwarding fields that I am not quite sure what to put where. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Public TCP Port(s):??
Public UDP Port(s):??
Private IP Address: I am guessing this is the IP address of the BCS+the port 10.0.1.100:8080
Private TCP Port(s):??
Private UDP Port(s):??

I asked google for some help, most of what I found said I needed to the port, in my case 8080 in the TCP/UDP fields for both the public and private. Then to access it going to 199.99.99.999:8080 in a web browser (not on the home network) should get me into it, however, I have had no luck.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Max

I've heard that most ISP's will block port 80 so you might want to try another external port. I use port 84. So you would set the public ports to 84 and the private port to 80. Then log in from the Internet with 199.99.99.999:84

Crane - Thanks for the reply.

You are correct about Port 80, however, Port 8080 is typically wide open.

I did end up getting this to work last night.

My issue was not the TimeCapsule.

I didn't realize that my Modem doubled as a router. I had to log-in to the Motorola Modem/Router. Set up port forwarding to the TimeCapsule, then it all fell into place and worked perfectly!

Thanks for the help & the reply!

Max

Back