Bayou Classic bulkhead threads

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dirkomatic

Reaction score
I got a deal on a Bayou Classic 1140 kettle with a spigot. I must say that I like the kettle better than my old economy 7.5 in which I was brewing.

I wanted to put an elbow on the end instead of the straight coupling so that I could get more wort into the fermenter... So I purchased a basic 304 Stainless NPT 1/2" elbow as well as a barb to attach a hose to the vave, but (surprise!) the threads aren't the same.

First, does anyone have a Bayou Classic kettle and have a barb on it? What did you do? I looked at their website and they don't have barbs for them... What is the point of the threaded ball valve?

Second, does anyone know what the threads are on this or how to find out and where one could get a barb + elbow which would fit?

Thanks!

Everything I am finding on the web says that the valve is FNPT, but the hose barb from bargainfittings just barely fits on there with a lot of teflon tape and the elbow won't fit on the inside threads at all... Anyone have any idea?

Also, I just got back from Lowe's where I took the nut from the Bayou Classic threaded nipple... And as I thought, it didn't fit on any of the NPS/NPT 1/2" fittings.

So, after doing some more research, I guess it's possible that these things are BSP threaded... ?

Anyone know where to get BSP fittings in the US?

Back