banjo burner power loss

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

excaptn

Reaction score
I have been using my classic banjo burner for 2 years and the last two brews it seems like I have lost power or BTU's after about 45 min into my boil. Not sure whats going on as I still have propane in the tank... for anyone from mountain state it kinda is acting like I am getting vapor lock.... any ideas oh what could be happening?

Yeah, your tank is freezing up. If you can get your hands on a 40lb tank, that won't happen anymore. The only thing I can think of is to keep it closer to the burner and try to trap some of the heat with some aluminum flashing or something.

I usually try to keep my tank as far from the burner as possible. I don't want to blow up... and I am a clutz. Pretty much I need to keep my tank warmer to prevent this...without causing a fire?

i also keep my tank in a bucket of warm water. this eliminates the freezing issue.

Latest posts

Back